William J. Waggoner, Esq.
William J. Waggoner, Esq.
Will Waggoner is a no-nonsense, aggressive personal injury lawyer who has recovered millions of dollars for his clients over the past twenty years. His thorough and complete understanding of personal injury law and how to get the maximum recovery for his clients is arguably the best in New Mexico. Those who know him call him a tireless bulldog of a lawyer who genuinely cares for clients.
More About Will
Will has practiced in the area of Personal Injury Law for over twenty years. He has successfully litigated every variety of personal injury cases, including auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, traumatic brain injuries, wrongful deaths, medical malpractice, slip and falls, nursing home abuse, product liability, oil field accidents and insurance bad faith and, doing so, has successfully recovered several millions of dollars for his clients.
Prior to founding the Waggoner Law Firm in 1996, now the Waggoner Legal Group, Will was a partner in the law firm of Coppler and Aragon, P.C. He is a member of the New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association and the National Trial Lawyers Association; both Associations are dedicated to the highest quality of service for personal injury clients.
Will has completed in-depth studies on the processes and workings of insurance companies, which allows him to best serve his clients in seeking their maximum compensation for the injuries they have suffered, either through the settlement process or through trials.
Before dedicating his practice to serving his personal injury clients, Will worked for the New Mexico Legislature as a staff attorney and then represented a number of clients before the New Mexico Legislature, New Mexico Governor, United States Congress and two U.S. Presidents. He was a principle author of a draft Treaty between the United States and Mexico, and has represented numerous business clients in complex transitional matters.
- University of Arizona, School of Architecture / Professional Program
Minor, Business Management, 1978, 1981
- University of Oklahoma, Bachelors of Science, Major, Management
Emphasis Petroleum Management and Geology, 1984
- Oxford University, Oxford, UK, Queens College
Certificate and Completion, International Law Program, 1986
- University of New Mexico School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 1987
- Puerta Vallarta Treaty, Bilateral Exploration and Recovery of Hydrocarbons Along the Common Maritime Transboundary Line; 31 Nat. Res. J. 609 (1991).
- The Legal and Trial Ramifications of the 1991 Civil Rights Act, Title VII and IX; New Mexico State Bar Bulletin, 1992.
- Other publications available upon request.
- Captain, Field Artillery / USAR, Commissioned, 1982
Last Service, Desert Storm, Current Status, Inactive Ready Reserve (IRR)
- New Mexico Military Institute, High School Graduate, 1978
Past and Current Professional Associations and Public Service
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association
- National Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- New Mexico State Bar
- Commissioner, New Mexico Bar Association
- 1993/94 President, Young Lawyers Division
- Lawyers, Assistance Committee, New Mexico Bar Association
- Board of Directors
- Taos Swim Club
- Impact DWI, Inc. (Non-Profit)
- Equestars (Non-Profit)
- General Counsel, Santa Fe Recovery Center (Non-Profit)
- Youth Soccer League Coach (4 years)
- United States Polo Association