Robert M. Strumor, esq
Robert Strumor practices in the primarily area of personal injury, medical malpractice, civil trials and appeals and criminal defense. In addition, he has more than 30 years of experience representing private business in New Mexico in civil litigation, tax matters and representation before state administrative agencies.
More About Robert
Prior to joining the Waggoner Legal Group, he was a partner in an Albuquerque, New Mexico law firm that specialized in representing local business and state and local government.
Mr. Strumor has over 30 years of law practice in private practice and over 7 years working in the public sector as a defense lawyer and prosecutor.
As a litigator, he has tied several landmark cases that are still cited as precedent. See Penn v. San Juan Hospital, 528 -F.2d. 1181 (1975) and Oschwald v. Christie, 620 P.2d 1276 (1980) 95 N.M. 251 as well as many other reported cases in New Mexico.
Mr. Strumor’s decades of experience representing individuals business and governmental entities in New Mexico uniquely assists the firm in representing its clients in complex litigation.
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Civil Trial and Appeals
- Criminal Defense
- Taxpayer Defense
- Business Regulation
- Boston University School of Law, JD
- Colgate University, AB, Political Science
- New Mexico
- Florida (inactive)
- Massachusetts (inactive)
Notable Legal Accomplishments
- Assistant Attorney General, State of New Mexico
- Member of the American Bar Association’s Committee on a Model Procurement Code for State and Local Government
- Principal drafter of the New Mexico Procurement Code
- Represented Sandoval County, New Mexico in the issuance of over 24 billion dollars of Industrial Revenue Bonds for the Intel plant in Rio Rancho
- Served as trial and appellate counsel in landmark cases in both state and federal court
- Served as New Mexico governmental affairs counsel to the University of Phoenix for over 20 years
- American Bar Association, State and Local Government Law and Public Contract Law Sections
- Colorado Bar Association
- American College of Bond Counsel
- United States District Court for the District of New Mexico
- United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit, 10th Circuit and 11th Circuit
- United States Tax Court
Panelist and Lecturer on Special Districts in New Mexico, a Lorman Continuing Education Seminar, New Mexico State Bar Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 2006 and 2007.